Monday, March 13, 2006

Bathroom Renovations

This weekend was busy finishing our bathroom renovation. You can see some before and after pictures below. We are SO happy with our bathroom beach paradise. There was much cursing involved, mainly in installing the woodwork. This was a new experience for me, and I had a lot of trouble nailing in the quarter round. Eventually I stormed out of the house to the local hardware store to buy some Liquid Nails, which seemed to solve my problem. So, now, I have to decide what my next project is... I think I will take advantage of the warm weather and do some yardwork next weekend.

It was a very family-oriented weekend as well. It felt a little like Trading Spaces in getting this bathroom ready, as we wanted to get everything finished before Meg's mom and sister arrived. They were here Saturday night into Sunday. It was fun. Meg got lots of birthday gifts, and we went to our favorite restaraunt, Peter's Diner, for dinner. I had a delicious patty melt. :-) They left around mid afternoon on Sunday, and then I made sauce, and a few hours later, my parents came over, and they brought their westie, Scamp, over. This usually works out well, as it tires out both dogs, since they play and fight non stop. Then the whirlwind of fun left, and Meg and I had about an hour of peace before we went to bed.

This week at school should be pretty easy. We have conferences (as a music teacher, it means free time to get stuff done), and GEPA tests. I have so much organizing and grading to do this week, since the last few weeks have been nothing but yearbook. Thank goodness that is over.

Well, Meg is already asleep, and it is almost 11, and I should be too.


Before and After

Before & After Posted by Picasa

No comments: