Sunday, November 12, 2006

My body is going to kill me...

Right now, I am on the recliner, blogging, with the heating pad on my back, because it has just been one heck of a long, fun, exciting, and tiring weekend.

If you read my last post, you'll see that I was looking forward to an easy week. Teaching-wise, this was definitely true, however, I managed to keep myself busy.

Monday, I had a fairly uneventful day of school. However, Monday night was a little interesting. When I went to leave school, I got all the way out to the car, then realized that my cellphone was dead. So, I went back into the school to call Meg from the office to let her know I was leaving. When I called her, she had just gotten up from slipping and falling--flat on her stomach! I told her to sit down and relax, and see if the baby was moving, and if not, call the doctor. I hurried home as quick as I could, getting stuck behind slow people all the way. When I got home, Meg said we had to go to the hospital. Uh-oh. Hopefully just a precaution... So, we rushed to the hospital, got in, and they put us in a birthing room. They hooked the fetal heart monitor up to Meg's belly, and after about 15 minutes, they were picking up a strong heartbeat, so Baby D was okay. We had to stay there for four hours, and observe her heartbeat. All-in-all, Baby D and Meg are both healthy, and we got a good dress-rehearsal for the real deal.

Tuesday was an in-service for the regional general music teachers. This woman presented on teaching improvisation using world music. It was probably one of the more fun workshops I have attended. We used pretty much every general music instrument I have heard of, plus some I had never seen before. I learned some new teaching strategies, and can't wait to use them in my classes.

Wednesday was another in-service at school. The in-service itself was kinda pointless. The morning was the run-of-the-mill pep-talk from the boss, our new superintendent. Then, we went to a workshop on using the grading component of the new student data system they installed this year. Of course, the grading component won't be up-and-running until next year. Why we were in-serviced on it now, I don't know. I used that time to not pay attention (I'll figure it out when we can actually use it) and to work on the yearbook. However, the afternoon was very productive. I finally got around to putting together the shelves I ordered for the kids to store their instruments. I also moved the existing shelving into the storage room, and now have a real instrument storage area in my room.

Wednesday night, we went to see Man of the Year. The movie was great. Not as much of a comedy as I had expected, but the story was great, and Robin Williams is always fun to watch. We also hadn't been to the movies since Harry Potter 4 was in theatres.

Thursday morning we had an OB appointment: a non-stress test and a fluid check. Baby D and Mom are healthy. You can read more about it on Baby D's Blog. After that, I got a start on raking the leaves in the back yard. This is a big job, that still isn't finished, due to the rain today. Then, we went to visit our new pediatrician. We were both very impressed, despite the wait. You can also read about that on Baby D's blog. That night, I just got some schoolwork done.

Friday morning we had a growth scan at the hospital. Same deal, read the baby's blog, it's got everything you need to know. Bottom line, Meggie is doing really well with managing the GD, and the baby is growing just right. We got home, had lunch, and then I was off to yet another Drs. office to get my flu shot. Friday night, we went to Peter's, and then Wal-Mart. I got some more schoolwork done on Friday night.

Yesterday was the day of new stuff. In the morning, we went to a breastfeeding class at Virtua. I could only take so much from this, seeing as I am not the person who will be nursing the baby. However, I learned how things work, and how to be supportive of Meg as she nurses. After that, we went over to my parents to see their new TV and wall-unit. My brother bought them a flat-panel LCD HD-TV for Christmas, and they bought a new wall unit at Ikea to match. It looks really classy, and it basically meant a lot of new stuff for us. First off, my parents took us out to buy our Christmas gift, a new dryer, since the other one was literally screaming in pain whenever you used it. After some installation difficulties (the drum wouldn't turn--but I fixed it), I got the dryer up-and-running. We also got my parents old TV to replace the 19" TV in the living room, that I bought before college, and is literally being held together by tape. So, I set that up Saturday night too. For the rest of the evening, I finished my schoolwork, and got the money stuff done.

My plan for today was to finish the leaves, but pouring rain changed that plan. I at least got the front yard done this morning, before the rain started. Then, my dad and I moved their old wall-units to our house (more new stuff)! I spent the rest of the day disassembling our family room wall unit and moving it into the attic and setting up the new wall units. All of this was very hard on my back, hence the heating pad.

In a minute, we are going to head to my parents for dinner, and then it is off to bed to rest up for a busy week of school. Yes, it is a full week, actually, the last full week in November, which means I need to make the most of my lunchtime rehearsals. Of course, this all goes out the window if Baby D decides to come next week, which I would also be very happy about. I have no problem saying "screw it" to school, especially if it means finally getting to meet my daughter.

1 comment:

Megella said...

You are so sweet, you make me teary!