Sunday, February 11, 2007

Spirit Week

Last week was one of the the most hyper weeks of the school year. Both for the students, and for me.

I was VERY busy with the yearbook this week. We had a deadline of 32 pages (26 had already been submitted), and we had to check and fix two batches of proofs. Really, it wasn't a whole lot of work, but trying to get this stuff done while you are trying to teach and direct bands isn't very easy. The most difficult part of all of this was actually taking the pictures. My co-advisor, who is not exactly tech-savvy, is usually the one to take all of the pictures, while I take care of creating the pages on the computer. However, she was out the first three days of the week due to an ear infection. This was a little flashback to last year, but at least I knew she would be back to help me by the end of the week. Since she was out, I had to take a bunch of pictures that we needed to submit those last 6 pages. This was not easy, as many of the people had to take pictures of were adults (class aides and office assistants), who are not very nice about getting their picture taken. I don't get it. Maybe I am really vain or something, but I kinda like having my picture taken. I probably got about half of the assistants photographed, the rest I either couldn't find, or they ran away from the camera. Oh well, doesn't bother me, I'd just better not hear any complaints when the yearbook comes out.

The good thing about this week was that I hardly had to take any schoolwork home at all this week. I am making my best attempts to stay caught up at school, so that I can enjoy my time home. Life at home is also going well. Maddie is on much more of a routine now. When I get home, Meg has just finished feeding her, so I take over and spend time with Maddie while Meggie makes dinner. We eat, and the 3 of us hang out for a while. Around 8 or so, I give Maddie her night bottle, and usually have her in bed by 9. That gives Meggie and I some alone time till about 10 or so, which was spent this week catching up on Seinfeld: Season 7.

* * *

This weekend has also been very enjoyable. Friday night we had our usual grocery-shopping routine. Saturday, I did money stuff in the morning, and had a lot of Maddie time in the afternoon. We "waltzed," which is where I put on some kinda waltz (The Blue Danube, yesterday0, and dance around the room with her. I also played with the link-a-doos for her (these plastic toy chain things--she loves just to watch you shake them around), gave her a bath and a massage, and then got her all ready to go to my parents.

We dropped off Maddie at my parents, and then Meg, Nick, and I headed to Brigantine to Laura's house. Her Christmas gift to us was tickets to see Brian Regan in AC. We ate a Ruby Tuesday's, right outside of Caesars, and then headed over to the Borgata for the show.

With the exception of the fact that I was squished up against this weird guy because the seats were so close together, I had a great time. My throat was actually hurting after the show from laughing so hard. He did all new material, and it was all very funny.

We got back to my parents around midnight, woke Maddie up and brought her home, and finally got to bed after 1 or so, which is a really late night for us.

* * *

Today has been a very lazy day. I haven't really done anything productive, except to blog. Oh, I ordered rechargeable batteries for all of Maddie's stuff, and that is pretty much the most productive thing I have done. Oh yeah, I brought the laundry downstairs.

My plan for the rest of the day is to continue being lazy, get dressed, showered, and then go over my parents for dinner.

Then, another school week (three day weekend ahead!), which hopefully will be a little easier.

No comments: