Sunday, April 22, 2007

Spring Has Sprung!

This weekend was BEAUTIFUL! I spent all day Saturday outside doing yard work, and while this may sound like something annoying to do to most, I actually love it. Oddly enough, when I was a kid, I hated to go outside and play. But now, there is nothing I'd rather be doing on warm, spring days like we had this weekend. Saturday I got all of the leaves out of the backyard, and then raked the whole yard clean. I got rid of all of the sticks that Max had chewed up, any trash that had been laying around, pine cones, etc. Now the yard looks very clean, but also very empty. Kind of like a blank canvas, I guess. My mom bought me this gardening book that I have started to read. I want to learn more about gardening and landscaping in general. I am always so jealous of the way my parent's house looks, and then I remember that they have been living in that house for over 20 years, and we have lived here for almost two. Once I am finished with the book, I want to sketch out 'dream' plans, that assume infinite time and money to complete. And then, prioritize what I have created, and add a little more every year. I'll get there eventually.

The rest of my week started out kind of hectic, but got easier as the weather got nicer. Monday I had off due to the flooding in the area around my school. Tuesday's trip to school was eventful, considering my main route to school (a country road that goes through the middle of a state forest--so no easy way of getting around it) was CLOSED due to flooding. I had to double-back and find a different route. Even though I was 15 minutes late for school, I discovered that this new route was shorter and faster. So now, I have a new way to school.

Grades were due this week, and I had everything finished by the end of spring break. However, our school still does things the old fashioned way--All report cards are done by hand, so I had to rush to get that done. After that, I actually had a pretty easy week.

Okay, I am going to attempt to browse the web a bit, even though I am uploading a video and pictures at the same time, and with my 768k DSL, that means having a particularly useless internet connection.

No comments: