Friday, June 30, 2006

The Deck


Here is the promised picture of the deck. So far so good. I am looking forward to getting some more work on it done on Monday after our trip to Gettysburg.

Today, we traveled to Gettysburg to spend a few days with Meggie's family. The ride there was uneventful, except for our mishap at the Valley Forge entrance to the PA Turnpike. I accidentally drove through the EZ-Pass only line (which is bad, since I don't have EZ-Pass). We pulled over and tried to figure out what to do. I figured I would just find a manned toll booth and ask for a ticket. But then I realized I had to cross several toll lanes of steady traffic. So out went that plan. Meggie called 411 and got the number for the toll plaza, and someone came out and gave us a ticket. It is pretty embarrassing. The rest of the trip went well.

We got to Meggie's mom's house, which was a surprise to both her mom and sister, since they didn't know we were coming today. But they were happy to see us early, and Mom took us out to dinner at TGI Friday's. I bought everybody drinks (non-alcoholic and no sugar, for Meggie, of course) before dinner, and Mom treated us to dinner. It was delicious. I had the Jack Daniel's burger.

We went home and hung out for the rest of the evening. I got buried in a book "Eyes of a Child" by Richard North Patterson, while Meggie caught up with her mom and sister.

Tomorrow will be another relaxing day. Meggie's extended family is coming over tomorrow to celebrate her grandfather Pappy's birthday, cookout style. Posted by Picasa

No comments: