Saturday, July 01, 2006

Gettysburg Day 2

Today was our full day in Gettysburg. It started out with me sleeping in majorly, since I was up till 5 in the morning finishing Eyes of a Child. Great book with a great ending. I definitely recommend it if you like courtroom drama/thrillers.

I slept till 11 (which is sleeping in for me) when Meggie woke me up. We had breakfast, and then went to the Outlet mall. We had lunch at Quiznos, and I got a new pair of sneakers and two new shirts from Old Navy. Meggie looked around for a new purse, but didn't find one she liked. Finally, both of us hot and tired, went home.

I was very sleepy, due to staying up so late last night, that I took a nap. When I woke up, my Aunt Jenny and Uncle Bob were here for Pappy's birthday party. Soon Grandmom and Pappy, as well Al and Joanne, two friends of theirs, arrived. We had dinner, and Pappy opened his presents, and we had delicious icecream cake. I helped clean up, which was a tremendous process considering all of the people and the large amount of food we had.

After everybody left, Meg's Mom, Meggie, and myself sat outside while Mom went over a project she had for one of her classes. It was a neat family tree that outlined relationships (strong, controlling, distanced, conflict, etc.) between members of the family. It also showed patterns of mental/physical illness and substance abuse. I found it interesting, however, I don't think Meg felt the same way, being that it was her family.

Next, Mom interviewed me for a psychology class she is taking. It was fun. I joked that I was being "psychoanalyzed," which was not true, but I still found the questions interesting.

Finally, Meg, Mom, Cait (Meg's sister), and I played the Encore game.

No comments: