Monday, July 31, 2006

Insomnia

Today was kind of a weird day due to the fact that I did not fall asleep until 5 AM this morning. After writing last night's post, I got to thinking of my to-do list in preparation for the school year. A combination of this, as well as several classes of ice tea, caused me to get very little sleep last night. I read Conviction for a little while, then TRIED to go to sleep, but my mind kept wandering. The odd thing was, I wasn't nervous or worried about any of this. It was more like excitement and anticipation. I hope this bodes well for this school year. After trying to get comfortable till about 2, I decided I could not stay in bed any longer. I ended up getting my laptop out, sitting on the couch, and revising the Band Handbook for next year. I finally started feeling a little sleepy around 5, and then went to bed.

Meg woke me up around 11:30; it felt like the middle of the night to me. But I forced myself out of bed, because if I slept past noon, then my sleep schedule would be even more off.

That being said, today did not feel like a very long day. I pretty much farted around for most of the afternoon, and ended up doing money stuff. Eventually, we went for a swim to cool off, and then I stopped at the bank to deposit some checks, and picked up some things at the grocery store. We had dinner, and then I worked on my idea for a practice log book for my students next year.

About 8 or so, I took a Tylenol PM, so hopefully I can fall asleep at a reasonable hour. It's 11:30 now, and I am going to try to sleep now. Wish me luck!

No comments: