Friday, July 28, 2006

Registering

There was a pretty amazing electrical storm last night, so I was not able to blog. I have gotten in the habit of unplugging all of the electronics in our house (except for the crappy TV in the living room, I hope it gets zapped so we can get a new one) after what happened to my Grandpop's modem. After a lightning storm a few months ago, his modem got fried. Luckily, he just called Verizon, and they gave him a new one.

I can't remember what I did yesterday morning, which probably means it was a whole lot of nothing. But after lunch, we went to Baby Depot to go baby registering. I was a little overwhelmed with the process, since I had really no idea how much stuff you needed. It wasn't the basic stuff that bothered me. It was more that as the baby gets older, you need to keep getting new stuff. Besides being tired (I am not a good shopper), I had fun. I just hope someone throws us a shower so we get a lot of this stuff. You can check out our registry here.

When we got home, we took a swim, because it was really hot out. Then we had teriyaki pork chops for dinner. This time, a dinner experiment that went well. Meg and I did some touch-ups in the nursery. We are gonna wait to touch up the walls and trim until after the carpet is put in, since the process usually scuffs up the walls. But I touched up the ceiling, and Meg filled in the yellow stars and moons a little better. After that we got the room cleared out, and spent the rest of the evening watching lightning.

No comments: