Monday, July 03, 2006

Gettysburg Day 3

This is a late post, as I was dead tired after a long day yesterday, and wanted nothing but to go to bed when we finally got home.

We woke up a little earlier yesterday morning. Our plans were to go to Mamu and Papu's, Meg's Dad's Parents. A visit to them is your typical not-looked-forward-to grandparent visit. We grabbed a rotissiere chicken on the way for lunch. I made the mistake of asking my grandmother if they were getting work done on their septic tank, since I had noticed the back yard had been dug up. This opened a can of worms, as the experience was apparently a huge ordeal for them. The next thing I knew, Mamu was in tears, and I was in the back yard, back-filling the septic tank job that had never been finished, with Papu supervising. I was glad to be able to help them, and they were very grateful.

And of course, no grandparent visit would be complete without the overwhelming stench of mothballs! Mamu gave us some baby blankets which smelled horrible. They stunk up the car the whole way home. We ended up just leaving them in Mom's garage, since we didn't want to have to smell them the whole way home from Gettysburg.

We then got everything packed up, and headed home, with an uneventful trip and very little traffic. When we got up, we unloaded the crate, fed Max, and then put Max back in the crate so that we could go to MY parents house for dinner.

The evening at my parents house started out in their paradise of a back yard (I will definitely post some pictures later). But a thunderstorm sent us inside. We had a great time anyway. Burgers on the grill, hot dogs, and a wine cooler for dinner...

After dinner, we watched old home movies. My sister Laura's boyfriend, Shawn was over. He has been around long enough that we decided, against my sister's wishes, to show him the old home movies. We spared my sister a little, and skipped some of the more embarrassing ones. It was nice to watch some of these movies again, especially a program from when I was in 2nd grade.

Both dead tired, Meg and I went home, unloaded the rest of our luggage, and went to bed.

No comments: