Saturday, July 15, 2006

Hot Day

It was very hot today, we had some rain mid-day, which just made everything more humid, and it is suppose to get worse as the week goes on. Thank goodness for the pool and air conditioning.

The first half of the day was pretty 'bummish.' We got up, had breakfast, went swimming, had lunch. I did get some of my curriculum mapping done. I have finished 3rd grade. So now, I just have grade 4 through 8 (still a lot of work). I also had to fix our pool filter again. For the third time now, one of the hoses has popped off, thereby draining the pool and flooding the backyard. I have no idea why it pops off; there is no buildup of pressure or anything, but all three times I was lucky to catch it. If the pool loses too much water, the filter would be able to suck in any more water, and the pump will burn out. Considering it is about a month and a half old, that would majorly suck.

We then went over to my parents house to help them get ready for my dad's 50th birthday party. They are doing a luau-theme party. This was all a big ideas of my sister's, which, of course, she has done very little to actually help. Meg and I, as well as my parents, were quite annoyed with my brother and sister, because they haven't helped at all with this party. My sister was down the shore all day today. My brother had a gig tonight, and has practice tomorrow before the party. Meg and I, who don't even live at the house, came over to help out. My brother and sister, who live there, are not helping. Of course, my parents won't say anything to them, mainly just to avoid conflict, I'm assuming anyway.

Despite the annoyance, it was fun. I vacuumed the pool for my dad, and helped him set up tables and chairs and stuff. My mom and Meg went to the party store to by lais for all of the guests. My parents bought pizza for dinner (the Domino's 666 deal... of course they don't call it that, but it is the same thing as the 555, only $6 each), and then we left in a hurry, realizing we forgot to feed Max. I guess that makes us bad dog parents. Hopefully, we won't forget to feed our kid. :-)

I am really looking forward to the party tomorrow. We are going to show up around 2 and help set things up and prepare food. My dad, who is usually the grill-meister at these things, will be passing the spatula to me, so he can relax at his birthday party. I am thrilled about this, because I love to grill stuff. The original plan was for this to be a surprise party to be held at our house, so that my dad wouldn't have to do anything, but my sister blew the lid on that one, so they decided to have the party at their house anyway. We are also planning on bringing Scamp over to our house to play with Max, since he will have a long day in the crate, and we will have to come back to feed him at some point.

Oh yeah, I finished The Summons. It was okay. It was interesting enough for me to not give it up, but boring enough that I was not obsessed with it or anything. I started the R.N. Patterson, Conviction last night. Hopefully I won't get as hooked to this as I did Eyes of a Child. Okay, gonna read, then get to bed.

No comments: