Monday, July 03, 2006

Another Deck Day


As you can see below, more work was done on the deck today. I have all of the joists in, as well as some secondary support posts. It seems sturdy enough. It is supposed to storm tomorrow afternoon, so I will be getting an early start. I still need to: attach beams on the short ends, put in missing screws, saw off the excess of the original posts, and add the deck planks. Then it will be more help from my dad and another few trips to Home Depot to get the stairs and the railings done.

This morning we did our weekly grocery shopping trip to Wal-Mart. It was a little more difficult than usual, because of Meg's "GD GD" as she calls it. I also got a new pair of cheap sneakers, that way I won't mess up the good ones I got this weekend.

After unloading the groceries and having lunch, it was another trip to Home Depot to get some things I forgot last time we went. I had to buy three 10 foot long beams, which of course, didn't fit in my Saturn. So, I had to drive home with the trunk open, and everything secured with bungee cords as best as possible. I made it home, and began work on the deck.

Meg and I had originally thought about going to the fireworks at my old high school, but decided not to, in order to get more done on the deck.

Now, I am blogging (duh!), and listening to the sound of my obnoxious neighbors setting off fireworks. Max is terrified and hiding under my desk. I hope the police get them, since fireworks are ILLEGAL in New Jersey.

Happy 4th tomorrow! Posted by Picasa

No comments: