Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Marlton Shopping Day

After breakfast this morning, I went out to do some more work on the deck. I glued on the post tops, and completed the steps by adding the wood on the risers. You can see a picture of this on my last post. Had lunch, and then Meg and I set out for our Marlton Shopping outing.

Marlton, which is known for its hawdy-tawdy-ness as an upscale shopping centre (notice the spelling of "centre) called "The Promenade" (when you say, the word, you must say it with the snobbiest sounding voice possible). Well, they have an L.L. Bean there, and for Christmas, a student and her mother gave me a $50 gift certificate. So, since it has been over 6th months, I'd figure I'd actually spend it. Meg also had some Barnes and Noble gift certificates, which we both wanted to use.

So, first we went to Barnes and Noble. I picked up another John Grisham, The Rainmaker, as well as a sequel to Eyes of a Child, by Richard North Patterson, called Conviction. Meg got a Good Housekeeping book on child care. Then, it was off to L.L. Bean. I really had no idea what to get. Camping, hiking, or anything outdoors-y is not for me (with the exception of yard work and deck-building). Then I remembered that I have had the same spring/fall jacket since the summer before I left for college. It was time to get a new one. I found a really nice one. Meg says it makes me look "like an adult." Then, my favorite part of the trip. Coldstone Creamery!! I had peanut butter and M&Ms folded into French vanilla ice cream (the Love It size=medium). Lucky for Meg they had vanilla made with Splenda. She had the Like It (small) size with strawberries and blueberries (very health conscious!).

We came home, and were about to get in the pool, when I heard a couple rumbles of thunder, so we decided to wait until later. Of course, no storm ever came. Made some pasta salad, had some burgers and hot dogs on the grill for dinner. We played some more Uno after dinner, and THEN went in the pool. Meg and I have been doing laps to stay in shape this summer. It's good exercise, but it is fun, since you are in the water.

The rest of the evening was spent doing computer stuff. I created PSP image of the paint plan for the baby's room found in my last post, and created by extensive summer to-do list. I will bore you with the details of that later on. This is enough for tonight.

No comments: