Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Major start on the Nursery

I got a major start on the nursery today. First, here is the picture I took last night--the "before," just one corner of the room.

All of the walls are different colors (green, yellow, and tan--very tacky), and the carpet is disgusting!

So, I managed to roll out of bed at almost 11! It was actually cool for a change in our room, which helped me sleep in. We got up, and quickly had breakfast, because I THOUGHT a rep from Prudential was coming at 11 to drop off my life insurance policy. Turns out I was wrong, and the meeting was scheduled at 1... no big deal, it got me out of bed.

After our meeting, Meg went shopping, and I got started in the Nursery. Cleaned it really good, dusting and vacuuming and all. Then I rough sanded all of the walls, got what I needed from the shed, and began to primer. By the time Meg got back from shopping, the walls and ceilings were primered. She was very impressed at how quickly I work. Painting is one of my favorite things to do, and I work best at it by myself. I just have a system, and get it done quickly!

Meg had several errands to run, the most notable being that she ordered the rocker for the nursery. Blue gingham. I'm sure she'll put a picture on her blog soon. We had dinner, and then went out to Home Depot to buy more painting supplies, and all of the paints.

When we got home, I got started right away by painting the ceiling. It is a very light blue called "rain water." It looks good, but probably will need a 2nd coat. Meg and I really weren't sure about the color we chose for the walls, called "water sprout," which is green. We had a bad experience at our old house. We painted the kitchen green, with a color that looked great on the card and in the can. It even looked okay going on the walls. The next morning when we got to the house (we were still living out of our apartment at this time), we saw that the color was this hideous neon green!! We picked a new color, and I ended up taking a sick day at school and repainting the entire kitchen! So as you can imagine, we were a little nervous about going with green again. So, rather than waste a lot of time, I painted a small section of the wall. It looks great now. Hopefully it will still look good in the morning. Here is a picture of what I accomplished tonight (same view as before)...


Ceiling blue, walls primered. You can see a square of the green there. It is really hard to make out colors in these pictures, because of the harsh light of the bare bulb.

I am STARVING, and am going to have a midnight snack, read more of Conviction, then go to bed. Posted by Picasa

No comments: