Thursday, July 20, 2006

More Painting

A big day for painting, but it was fun. I really do enjoy painting, only to Meg's surprise. I find the process relaxing... it gives you time to reflect.

I started the morning by putting the 2nd coat on the ceiling. I had lunch, then got started on the walls. The green looks great! It will look even better in softer light, I have a feeling. I was about to start the first coat when my Mom surprised us by sneaking in. Actually, she just walked in the front door, and neither of us noticed. She dropped by a baby book that she bought for us. While I painted, Meg and Mom went through old pictures of me (how cute ;-) and put them in chronological order. Meg is working on photo albums, and needed more info to finish mine. Moms are good for that kind of stuff.

I finished the 1st coat with BARELY enough green. I was a little nervous about buying a new can, because sometimes the colors don't match. We learned this in our old house. We had picked a beige color for the hallways and spare bedrooms, so we needed a lot of paint. Our original estimate of 3 gallons was not enough. I went to Home Depot and got one more gallon, began to put it on, and noticed it looked different. I figured it would dry the same color. Well, I ended up doing a 2nd coat on the entire hallway and painting an entire bedroom before I realized that the paint had been mixed wrong. I went back to Home Depot with a paint chip, and had them verify that the color was correct. Then, stayed up all night, repainting everything I had just done. So, you can see why I was a little nervous about this...

But it all worked out well. I went to Home Depot, got another gallon of green, and finished the 2nd coat. Below is a picture, same corner of the room as the last post.


"Now we play the waiting game... oh, the waiting game sucks! Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!" (Homer Simpson). Now DOES begin the waiting game, because the next step is to tape off an outline to a giant stripe that will be our border. You aren't supposed to put tape on this paint until it cures. According to the can, it requires a week, but I've done this after two days, and it has been okay. So, that puts us at Sunday. Meg's friend Stacey, who is an art teacher, may be coming on Sunday to help us lay out the tape and create sun and moon stencils. Then, it will be back to painting.

Well, I am physically exhausted. I may enjoy painting, but it is a major strain on the body. I've had a nice, long shower, and am about ready to bed. I think the picture of Max below sums up y feelings. Good night!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: