Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Deck is FINISHED!!! ... almost

Finally, after two weeks of hard work, the deck is pretty much finished. I completed the railings and the gate today. However, I still need to attach caps to each post, close the treads on the stairs, and cover the bottom of the deck with lattice, so no one can see/get under the deck. But, I am happy with it now, and now that it is complete, it is even cooler than I envisioned. Meg got to enjoy the deck for a while today. I am looking forward to some swimming, and then some 'lounge-time' in the future. Check out the completed deck...




As you can guess, the morning was spent completing the railing and gate installation. After that, I had lunch, chilled for a while, and then mowed the front lawn. I didn't get to the back yet, though I must soon, since Max is still revolting by doing his business wherever he feels like.

While I was working on the front lawn, Caitlin, Meg's sister, arrived. I showed her to the back yard to meet Meg, quickly finished up my yard work, and got ready to go to The Oasis, otherwise known as my parents house. They have been doing some awesome landscape work, and turned their backyard into an absolute paradise. In the corner of the yard is a deck with a Tiki hut on it.

Next to the Tiki hut is 'the beach'--a pit of sand with a beach umbrella.

I tried to add more pictures, but it would only take four. More to follow in the next post. You really need to just be there to take everything in.

So after a roast, potatoes, corn, bread (with herb & oil dipping sauce), and salad, we spent the rest of the evening relaxing in the Tiki hut, listening to steel drum music and Jimmy Buffett, and talking. Eventually, we came home, mainly because both of my parents have to work tomorrow. I am just glad I got to do some relaxing, because it has been a physically exhausting last few days. Posted by Picasa

No comments: