Sunday, July 23, 2006

Rainy Day

Yesterday, weather-wise, was a yucky day. It was pretty much cloudy all day, with a few hints of the sun. It also threatened to storm all day, but it never really did. However, I took advantage of a good rainy day, and got some miscellaneous things done inside the house.

I finally got around to organizing our laundry room. It had never really been done. When we moved in last summer, we kinda just unpacked things and stuck them places. I threw out a lot of stuff, and condensed things so now we have room to put future junk (from what I hear, having kids accumulates a lot of junk). While I was organizing the laundry room, I was also doing the laundry.

I also finally fixed our leaky shower faucet. For months now, it has been dripping constantly (I guess that explains the last water bill). I have a Do-It-Yourself Plumbing book from Home Depot, and used that to figure out what was wrong. I replaced the worn-out part, and it works great now. I also added a ceiling light to the laundry area. We had this dark hallway that served as the entrance to the laundry room. I took the light that used to be in the nursery (since we are going to put in a ceiling fan), and installed it in the hallway.

At night, Meggie and I played the Encore game. I was winning for most of it, but she won in the end. She actually remembers words to songs. I am terrible at remembering words. There's this Comcast commercial where this guy is singing "Born to Be Wild" in the shower and keeps messing up the words, and Mr. T bursts through the wall and yells at him. Well, that is pretty much me, the guy in the shower. Remembering words to songs is a really important skill when it comes to playing Encore, therefore, I lose...

I spent the rest of the evening StumbleUpon-ing. What a cool extension for Firefox, a bit addicting though, as I sat in front of the computer for two hours just looking at all of the different websites it has. Eventually, I went to bed, and read some more of Conviction.

No comments: