Thursday, July 13, 2006

Grandparent Visit

Woke up this morning to the sound of Meggie making 'fishy' noises at me, which was an interesting, but cute way to wake up.

After having breakfast, I started cleaning up the shed and garage from the last couple of weeks. I got in the habit of just throwing everything back in either place at the end of the day's work. So, now that I am officially done with the deck (I decided to hold off on the lattice, it is only cosmetic, and $$ for this project is gone), it was time to clean up. I only got about halfway done, when I went inside, got showered, and had lunch.

At 1 we headed over to my Grandmom & Grandpop's house (my Dad's parents). I talked to my Grandpop on the phone yesterday because he was having computer problems that I couldn't seem to fix over the phone. So I suggested we stop by, because we haven't seen them in a while. I fixed Grandpop's problem with the computer, while Meg got to listen to my Grandmom's normal topics of conversation, that being: medical ailments. Eventually, my Grandpop and I came out so that they could do what grandparents do best... feed people. I ended up eating half of an Entenmann's cheese-filled crumb cake while we chatted. My grandfather wanted to order pizza, and we strongly had to insist that we were full. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my grandparents, but it always amuses me how uneasy they get when you have an empty plate in front of you.

Came home from their house, relaxed a bit, swam a bit, had some delicious ka-bobs on the grill for dinner, and then computer time. I am starting to do some school work. I know it seems crazy, but every summer, I have this list of school-related things I want to do, and end up putting them off until the last week before school starts, and then stress because I didn't get done what I wanted. I want to try to get a little bit done every day, so that I don't have to spend the last week of vacation worrying about school.

Last school year, I revised the music curriculum. The old one was poorly organized and very vague. And being that it was only my 1st & 2nd year there, I was making things up as I went along. Now that we have a good curriculum, I am writing a curriculum map. Basically guidelines of when things are taught throughout the year. I will then eventually use this to plan out my units, and write my lesson plans. I made a small dent in it, but hey, it is started.

Okay, gonna read some more of The Summons, and then sleepy time.

No comments: