Friday, July 21, 2006

Slow Day...

I've been so productive the past few days that I feel like I got very little done today. It isn't like I sat around all day or something, but I certainly didn't get a room painted...

Woke up this morning with a phone call from the oilheat company. They were coming in an hour for the annual furnace tune-up. So we had to get up and dressed, and I had to straighten up the laundry room a little, since that is where the heater is. Everything works fine. He did have to run the heat for about 10 minutes, which was loads of fun in July weather.

I sat around for most of the morning, and then decided to go to the pool store to get new hose connectors since the hoses on the filter kept popping off. I also needed to get a new backwash hose, since the old one exploded last time I backwashed the filter. I got what I needed, came home, attached the new hose connectors, cutting my finger in the process. They work great, and hopefully the hoses won't pop off anymore. Then, I decided to backwash the filter. I hooked up the new hose, made very sure that there were no kinks this time. Turned on the pump, and after 30 seconds are so, the hose popped off. Unfortunately, I was standing right in front of the connection, and I got soaked (with dirty filter water, mind you). Hooked it up tighter, checked for kinks again (no kinks), and turned it back on. Another 30 seconds, and boom, the NEW HOSE BURST! That was a waste of $20. I don't know what this is happening, but I ended up using a shorter hose which didn't reach all the way to the street. I flooded our and our neighbors back yards. I came in frustrated, then Meg and I decided to go for a swim (I was halfway there, anyway). Of course, the minute we got out there, we heard thunder. No storm actually ever came...

We eventually proceeded with our normal Friday night ritual... Peter's Diner for dinner, and then Wal-Mart for grocery shopping.

After shopping, I spent the rest of the evening in front of the computer looking at Optical Illusions, and solving riddles, on websites I 'StumbledUpon.' Click the links and challenge yourself!

1 comment:

Moggy said...

I ran accross your blog tonight. The room looks great and don't worry what you will do with a girl. When I was expecting my child, I couldn't in my wildest dreams imagine myself with a girl (and I am a girl).

Long story short, I raised one and you should have no trouble.