Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Chair

Woke up what felt like was early this morning, but was really 9:30 or so. It is going to take forever to get me back to a normal sleeping schedule. I am going to have to start in the middle of August or something.

Well anyway, we had to go to Babies-R-Us to pick up the rocker chair. We went there, got the chair, came home and set it up no problems. It looks great! I WOULD post pictures, but it won't seem to work for me tonight for some reason.

After that, I made the shopping list and straightened up the kitchen. Nick came over to borrow a music stand for his gig tonight, and we ended up offering lunch, so he hung out here for a while. After Nick left, Meggie took a nap, and a fooled around with StumbleUpon for a while. Found this neat website called Nutrition Data, which gives you the nutrition facts on pretty much everything. You can even put in custom recipies, and it gives you a nutrition facts label for it. I made one for my spaghetti sauce. Pretty healthy, actually.

We went shopping. It was an expensive shopping trip as usual, but I have come to realize that eating healthy=expensive food, and that our health should be more important than money. Don't know how that will go once we are paying for daycare, diapers, and everything else. I also went to Home Depot to get another bi-fold door. Our pantry door has been falling of the track for months now. Since I had such an easy time with the nursery door, I figured I'd pick up another one, and replace the pantry door.

We got home, and I vacuumed the pool. As usual, something went wrong, and I had to end up taking the suction line hose out and unclogging it. It is always something with this pool. At least this problem was easy to fix. When I got done vacuuming, Meg and Max came out to swim.

We had dinner, a new experiement - crab stir-fry, with that imitation crab meat. I LOVE imitation crab meat believe it or not. I can eat a whole package of that stuff cold and in one sitting. I am not a big fan of stir-fry, but it is cheap, healthy, and Meg loves it. So, I just picked out the veggies I don't like and enjoyed. I thought I would be hungry later on, but here it is, 12:30, and I feel fine.

After dinner, I installed the new pantry door, then we had what I call "Bobby-Meggie-Maxie Time" in the nursery. This concluded with getting Max over his fear of hampers. We put a hamper on it's side on the ground, and put Max's Kong all the way in the back. After 10 minutes, and a lot of barking at it, he finally got up the courage to climb in there and get the Kong.

Spent the rest of the evening messing around with the computer. Found a new program called SyncToy, which lets you keep folders between computers syncronized and up-to-date. I think I am going to try it for our music and picture collection.

I should really get to bed now. Lots of work to be done tomorrow, because the family is coming for dinner, and the house, inside-and-out, needs a lot of TLC!

No comments: