Friday, July 28, 2006

Carpet!

Got up VERY early this morning (7:30) because Empire gave us a window of 8:00 - 6:00 to come and install the carpet. We got up, had breakfast, and did our normal morning computer routine (reading news feeds, other people's blogs, posting, etc.). I was feeling VERY sleepy, and suggested to Meg that we take naps in shifts until Empire got here. So, I went into the family room and fell asleep on the recliner. They arrived a little after nine, when my nap ended, because carpet installation is very noisy. They finished pretty quickly, and the new carpet looks great. It is so nice to have that old stinky carpet out of the house. Below, you can see the room with the new carpet.



Meg and I got started right away with finishing the room. Meg did a few paint touch ups. I reinstalled the shelving in the closet and assembled the crib. Meg set up all of the bedding, and began to move all of the other baby stuff in there. It looks adorable, and matches greatly with our paint. Check it out below.



Later on, I took a trip to Home Depot to buy closet doors, a curtain rod, and blinds. I came home, and installed all of that stuff. I thought I would have trouble with the closet doors, because all of the other closet doors in our house are falling off the track. Apparently the previous owner of this house was a complete moron when it came to installing stuff, because I had it up in like 15 minutes. I ended up taking it down again so I could paint it.

Meg talked to my mom this afternoon to find out if we could borrow the van so we can pick up the chair for the nursery tomorrow. My mom invited us out to dinner at Applebee's. Woo-hoo, free dinner! I offered to pay, and then to leave a tip, but, as usual, my dad insisted he pay. Mom and Meg got dessert at Applebee's, but nothing really looked good there for Dad and I. I have a nut allergy, and almost everything had nuts in it in some way. So, my dad suggested we stop at Baskin' Robbins on the way home, so the two of us could get dessert. I had two scoops of Cookies-n-Cream icecream, and it was delicious! I have been eating so healthy lately, and I really missed yummy things like icecream. It was nice to have a treat.

After dinner, we went back to my parents, and Mom and Meg and I went over the registry, and Mom made a few more suggestions. She also hinted about the baby shower and other things, and then eventually went through my baby book, and all of the gifts I got for Christmas when I was little (boy, was I spoiled). Meg and I left with the van and came home. I put another coat of paint on the closet door, blogged, and now, I am off to bed. Good night! Posted by Picasa

No comments: