Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Money stuff and yard work

Meg had to get up early this morning to go baby 'pre-shopping' with a friend of hers from school, so I got up a little earlier than I would normally have done.

I spent the entire morning in front of the computer after discovering a discrepancy in my bank records. I am pretty much a money geek. I keep very detailed records in Microsoft Money, but since Feb. of 2005, I have been relying on the automated online updates from our bank to reconcile the books. I have basically just been taking the statements and filing them without looking. Bad idea, because tons of stuff fell through the cracks. Not a major problem. The average person would not even notice, but I, as I said before, am a MONEY GEEK, so I took all of those bank statements since Feb. of 2005 and checked every transaction since then. Took all morning, but got all of the mistakes ironed out.

The other part of my morning was spent cleaning up water from our leaky air conditioner. Cait was still around this morning, and had went swimming with Max. I let Max in downstairs, and while drying him off, discovered a puddle of water next to the heater. It was condensation from the AC, leaking from a duct. I got the wet-dry vac and got up all of the water, put a fan on the ground so it would dry, and put a bucket under the leak. When we get a cool day when we don't need the AC, I will fix it.

Meg came home, I had lunch, Cait left, and then I got to that backyard work. Cleaned up Max's 'poop pit,' picked up all of the leaves and branches that fell with the storms we had last week, and mowed, weedwhacked, and blew (enough of that, you sicko!). It was ungodly hot today, so I was ready for the pool right afterwards. Meg had came out while I was working and sat on the new deck by the pool to keep me company. So we both got in, and did our laps, and got cooled off.

We came in, had that delicious McCormick's chicken again, then played Uno for a while. After that, I got Meg set up with a Google Calendar, so we can keep each other up-to-date with our schedules. Did money stuff, and now I am blogging, and now, I am off to bed... Good night!

No comments: