Friday, June 29, 2007

Going 'Down the Shore!'

Tomorrow starts the first family vacation down in OCNJ since the summer between junior and senior year. I just love going on vacation there, especially if the weather is nice. There is something really relaxing about sitting on a deck and listening to the sound of the ocean, and the seagulls, and smelling the salty air.

This time is going to be a little different. First off, Meg and I are married, and not engaged, as we were last time. We also have Maddie with us, which I predict will be challenging yet fun. Tomorrow is a busy day, as we have to pack everything up, and get the house ready for Meg's mom, who will be house/dog sitting.

So far summer is going well. The trip to Gettysburg was uneventful. Maddie is starting to eat better (I'll have to get into that story later). I have accomplished several things already. As you can see, I did change the theme to my blog. I also fixed the toilet paper holder in the bathroom and put a much-needed railing on the steps that lead downstairs. I haven't even thought about school yet, except for a few random thoughts and ideas (which I should write down as I think of them--need to get a notebook), but I don't plan on touching school until later in July.

Maddie and I have been bonding a lot. Maybe it's that when she babbles, she just happens to be saying "dadadadadada...," or maybe it's just that I am home more, but I feel closer to her than before. I think it is also because she is really starting to get a personality, and it is (most of the time), I very fun one.

I am still working on tagging photos in Picasa, but I've got a ways to go. I got back as far as last summer, but our photos go all the way back to June of 2003!

My plans for vacation are to relax, and pretty much do nothing productive. I am not even taking my laptop, which means probably the longest I will go without an Internet connection in years. I plan on spending a lot of time on the beach (if Maddie lets us), nights on the boardwalk, playing games with Meggie at the house, eating like a pig, taking lots of pictures, and not worrying about anything. I think the most productive thing I will do is re-read Half Blood Prince, so I will better understand the new Harry Potter book when it comes out. It is kinda strange to have nothing planned. I really need to make sure I enjoy it.

I will definitely need the relaxation after the busy day tomorrow. With that said, I really need to get some sleep. I've gotta get up early and vacuum/backwash the pool, and then let the packing and loading begin.

I look forward to blogging about the experience when I get back.

See you in a week, Internet!

No comments: