Saturday, August 19, 2006

Baby Shower

I woke up yesterday morning with a horrible stiff neck. When we stay at Meg's mom's, Meg sleeps on the couch (she's more comfortable there), and I sleep on Meg's bed from when she was a kid. I seemed to have a lot of trouble getting comfortable, and apparently, I must have slept funny, because my neck was killing me.

I got up, and made omelets and pork roll for Meg, Mom, and myself. We spent most of the morning lazing around, before we came up with some kind of game plan. We were trying to figure out what to do for lunch, when I remembered this really good Chinese buffet in Gettysburg called the Mayflower. So, Meg, Cait, and I went there for lunch. It was delicious. The only bad thing was that there was so much there that I liked, that I could only have a little bit of everything. I kinda wished my stomach was a few times bigger.

After lunch, we came home, and chilled some more, until it was time to go to Grandmom's. Since we aren't going to be able to come for Christmas or Thanksgiving, Grandmom and Pappy wanted to have the whole family over before the baby is born. Well, right before we left, I had suspected that this might be a shower of some sort. It turned out I was right. Meg's family had planned a shower for us. It was a small shower, as it was just Meg's family (her grandparents, grand-aunt & -uncle, Mom, Cait, her aunt & uncle, and two cousins), but had all of the regular shower features. Or so I am told. This was actually the first shower that I, as a guy, was allowed to attend.

There were two neat party games. The first: everyone put name guesses on a piece of paper in a jar. Meg and I read all of the names allowed. If, after the baby is born, anyone guessed right, then they win $20. Well, whoever was going to give the $20 can keep it, because there were no right guesses! We'll just have to keep everyone guessing. The other game was a memory game. There were 20 baby items scattered on the table, and you had 2 minutes to look at the items. Then, the table was covered, and you had three minutes to write down as many as you can. I was only able to remember 12--I am not very good with memory games. Mallory (Meg's cousin), and Cait remembered the most, 19 of the 20.

There was dinner too, pulled pork and baked macaroni (and deviled eggs for Meggie, yuck!) And, my favorite part, icecream cake! We also got a lot of gifts too. A bunch of baby clothes, a baby stacker ring toy, a baby carrier, which I am modeling below...



The biggest gift was our pack-n-play, which Meg had to resist the temptation to put it together. I'm sure it will be a priority when we get home.

After the shower, we headed home, and we spent the rest of the evening going through pictures on my computer, and picking ones for my mom to order. That reminds me, we actually have to order them... Posted by Picasa

No comments: