Monday, August 21, 2006

Yardwork and Floors

Today was a pretty busy, and fast day.

My 7:00 wake-up failed miserably. I got up at 6:04 to go to the bathroom. Now, my clock was set for 6:33 (odd logic, but here goes. 6:33 gives me 3 snoozes before 7--alarm goes off at 6:33, 6:42, 6:51, and 7). So, when I got back in bed, I was like, "okay, about a half-hour till my alarm goes off." Well, what felt like 15 minutes later, Max was licking me, shoving his toy in my face, growling, and barking. I couldn't possibly imagine why he'd be waking me up before 6:30 in the morning. I finally looked at the clock to find out it was 9:30! I don't even remember hearing my alarm. It was set and everything. I must've turned it off when it first went off in my sleepy state. This is why I don't wait till the first day of school to get used to waking up early.

Did my morning news and blog reads, and then posted a lengthy entry on the penny-per-view concept. Don't get me started again, just read the last post if you want to know about it. Another morning project was adding blinkies to my blog sidebar. Check-em out! (hint: just divert your eyes a little to to the right).

Laura stopped by for a while. Last night, she asked if I would co-sign on a student loan for her, since my parents' credit isn't that good. I agreed, so she stopped over so we could fill out the 'paperwork' online.

After this, I got my Zen, and got to work outside. My original plan was to mow the entire property, but we have had so little rain, that the back didn't really need done. The front wasn't real bad either, but it was getting a little long in spots.

After finishing the front yard, Meg and I went to Produce Junction, and then set out on a mission to find more Tiki torches. We tried a Rite-Aid, a Dollar General, and K-Mart, and couldn't find them. It was all Back-to-School stuff, or, in Dollar General's case, Christmas stuff! We did stop by a Fashion Bug, and Meg got some new clothes for school.

We got home, and I made pork and peppers on the grill. After dinner, Meg went out and vacuumed the pool, and I cleaned all of the floors in the whole house. It took a while, but now every floor surface, carpet or floor, has been cleaned in some way. We have a Hoover Floormate. It makes it very easy to clean the floors, and since most of our house is either pergo or tile, I am glad we bought this. It's also fun to use too.

Right now are baby is listening to Mozart! Meg recently read that she can hear things. So, last night before bed, I read a book and sang to her. Meg is on her computer, with Mozart playing on the Zen, and headphones on her belly. This is cool!

Okay, Meg's Dad is coming from California tomorrow. He is taking a red-eye flight. He left at 9:55 PM, California time, has a two-hour layover in Atlanta, and will arrive in NJ at 9:00 AM, New Jersey time. He is going to call us when the plane gets on the ground, so we can go to Philly and pick him up. 7:00 wake-up is perfect for this. Let's just hope it works!

No comments: