Sunday, August 13, 2006

Curriculum Maps

This belongs on August 13, I saved it as a draft instead of publishing it....

Got a good chunk of my goal to get stuff done before the Sunday Noon of Summer. Prior to today, I had 3rd grade of my curriculum maps done. I had started 4th grade, but really had only done a couple of week's worth. Well, I finished 4th & 5th today.

My plan to get up at 8 did not happen. It was kinda chilly this morning, and the cool air provided little motivation for getting out of the warm bed. So, I ended up getting up around 9:30 (yes, I hit snooze for an hour and a half).

I got up, and got started on my curriculum maps, after some breakfast. While working on the maps, I was ripping CDs to my Zen. My goal is to digitize my entire CD collection, so I have any track available instantly.

I pretty much worked on the maps all day. I did stop to take a break and walk the dog.

We left for my parents around 6 or so, and had our usual Sunday dinner there. My parents invited one of their friends, Mr. Donnelly, over, because his wife and daughter were out of town visiting family. It was neat to have an extra guest over for dinner. Plus, Laura and Mr. Donnelly have a jokingly "hate-hate" relationship, which made dinner conversation interesting. Sean wasn't there, but Nick was. The more the merrier it is with Sunday night dinners.

Nick gave me his old FM transmitter for my car, so I can listen to the Zen while driving. He installed a new car stereo, which allows him to plug his Zen directly into the stereo. I am a little dissappointed with the FM transmitter, because the audio quality was really poor. I understood that it would be no where near CD quality, since FM radio isn't anyway. But, regardless of what channel I set it to, I get intermittent static. It will work well for a while, and then more static comes in. It makes it very hard to listen to. I don't know if I need to buy a newer transmitter, or maybe there is someting I can do to ampify the signal. I'll have to do some research on the web tomorrow.

I better get to bed now, if I want to make this 8 AM thing happen.

No comments: