Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Mmmmm... Cookiedough....

Got up a little after 8 this morning, since we had to get moving earlier today. While I was in the shower, my boss (the principal), called. I had sent her an e-mail asking if it was okay if I came in and start setting up my room tomorrow. I was expecting an e-mail reply, because she called this morning, of course, while I was in the shower. So I called her back, and they still have to shampoo the carpets in my room, so it's a no-go. Not that it is a big deal or anything. I have to go to the Board of Education meeting tomorrow night as a representative for the union. I figured since I would be in the area, I would stay and get stuff done. So, I'll probably go the week after Meg's dad visits, which, sadly enough, is the last week of summer. Wow, the summer went fast.

So, after getting dressed, and quickly grabbing breakfast to eat on the go, we headed up to Meg's school to assess the damage. Luckily, only one instrument was damaged. A bunch of posters got wet too, so sometime after the insurance adjusters look over everything, she has to got to go through them and see if any are salvageable.

We then headed to the OBs office for our 6 month appointment. We thought we were going to get an ultrasound, but since Meg just had one on August 1, it wasn't necessary. We weren't really bummed or anything, since we have another growth scan on August 25. Meg and Baby D are healthy, which is great news.

Afterwards, we stopped at Hallmark where my mom works. She wanted a status update on everything from the appointment. Meg got a gift for her friend she would see later on today, and I smelled every Yankee candle they had there (it's a card store, that's about as exciting as it gets).

We went home, and were both kinda sleepy from getting up early, so we took a nap. After about 40 minutes or so, Meg woke up to what she thought was the doorbell. In a sleepy stupor, I threw clothes back on, and went out to look. I didn't open the door, just looked through the window, and I didn't see anybody, and thought Meg was hearing things.

Meg got ready to go out with one of her friends from school. I wanted to do a search of her car to see if I could find that power inverter I was looking for. On my way out the door, I discovered two packages, one large and one small on the front step. Meg wasn't hearing things--the doorbell actually did ring.

The large package was from Meg's mom, a bunch of pfaltzgraff stuff in our pattern "Summer Breeze." The small package from Meg's dad, an early "thanks for having me" gift, the 8th season of The Simpsons on DVD. This was a nice surprise--who doesn't like getting packages. So, I went back out to Meg's car, and, an even better surprise, I found the power inverter.

After Meg left, I got the extra speakers, and set everything up in the car. It is a little ghetto, but it sounds way better than the transmitter. I just have to remember to hide the speakers under the seats when I am not in the car.

I then went inside, and did some cleaning and straightening. Vacuumed the kitchen floor, loaded, ran, emptied, and loaded the dishwasher, put out the garbage, and straightened the living room and dining room.

Meg got home around 5:30 or so, and we went for a swim to cool off, as it was a little warmer today. I made BBQ chicken and grilled bell peppers on the grill for dinner... ah I love grilling, no better way to prepare food. I'll miss it when the weather gets colder.

After dinner, I really had some cravings for ice cream. Meg suggested going to Muellers for custard, but there isn't really anything there she can have, and we didn't have any cash on us, and you have to eat outside, and it is buggy. So, we ended up going to ShopRite, where I bought Cookie Dough ice cream, and just made myself some at home. I felt guilty about buying it, but I have been doing so well with eating better this summer, I thought I might deserve a good treat.

I thought I might work more on my curriculum maps for the rest of the evening, but decided not to worry about school work tonight. I watched some more of Seinfeld, and now I am blogging. I'm gonna get to bed a little early, because I am still tired from getting up early this morning.

No comments: