Monday, August 28, 2006

More Grocery Experiments

After blogging yesterday, I woke up Meggie, and we got ready to go to Wal-Mart to make our list of prices.

We worked it just like we did yesterday at Sam's Club. I took our list, and we went through every aisle, writing down the prices of everything we bought.

Then, after we got home, I sat down, put everything into a spreadsheet, and then discovered that, yes, we did do the right thing. Most of the products that we compared led towards Sam's Club. Now, it's good, but not as good as it looks on paper, because a lot of the stuff in the Sam's Club list are things that you only buy once every couple of months, or maybe even once a year (like the 3-gallon pack of bleach). However, I think the meat prices alone made the card very worth it.

After comparing prices, I toyed around with the spreadsheet some more, and gave it the same functionality it had before. I put in what we need, it tells us how much it will cost. My goal this morning is to put in our Sam's Club order for the month. Hopefully it is not too much. It could take a few months to tweak this new shopping system to make it work, but I have faith that it will work in the long-run.

I worked on this all afternoon, so when I finished, we got ready to go to my parents. Dinner was fun, and as usual, I laughed a lot. I usually laugh a lot at my parents. My sister is crazy funny sometimes, and usually the combination of her, with my brother, can be very funny. Probably the moment I laughed the most was when we somehow all started chanting, "Ohmmmm..." at Scamp to calm him down. While we were in the middle of doing it, I burst out laughing when I realized how ridiculous it was. I guess you had to be there. Anyway...

Some other news I forgot.

Our new camera came in. I don't like it as much as the old camera, but it will work. Apparently they don't sell the old version anymore, and this was the next best thing they had. It goes up to 5MP, (the old only went up to 4MP), and it has a few other features that the old one didn't have. My biggest complaint right now, is that it takes really dark videos, and I can't find any way to adjust the darkness. Guess I'll have to turn on a light or something.

Sorry there haven't been pictures in a while--there hasn't been a whole lot to take pictures of. Next Sunday is "Crab Day," an annual celebration held at my Mommom and Poppop's house, so I'll definitely have some pictures from that.

After my parents, I went to bed right away, because my plan was to get up at 6 AM. Well, it didn't happen. I heard my first snooze go off at 5:33, and don't remember anything after that. I love my alarm clock because it has a gentle-wake feature (the alarm starts soft, then gradually gets louder), but they put the 'Off' button right next to the 'Snooze," button. Bad idea, because I think I keep hitting the wrong button in my sleepy state. Maybe I should look for a new alarm clock. Give up snoozing, you say? Never. I'm addicted to the snooze button!

So, I'm blogging now. I'm gonna plug the Sam's Club order into the grocery spreadsheet, and then get cracking on schoolwork.

No comments: