Tuesday, September 19, 2006

B2S Night

So, yesterday was my birthday, which is cool, except for the fact that I spent most of the day at school. I had a fairly good school day, no major issues or anything. I got a few 4th grade permission forms, and hopefully more will come in by the end of the week. I am very interested in seeing what kind of group I will have this year.

So, after a good day at school, I had to come BACK to school at night, for... Back to School Night. I don't really have a problem with B2S night, and I had several productive conversations with parents. But, I would rather not have been at school on the night of my birthday.

Today was not as a good as a day. Actually, the first half was good. I had some extra prep time in the morning, since my 4th grade lessons haven't started yet. And I had a very good 4th grade class. Then, I had an awesome rehearsal with my intermediate band. We got through twice more than I had planned, and they sounded great, for just their second rehearsal.

Then, in the afternoon, I had a 7th grade class--they weren't that badly behaved, but whined the whole time about I project I assigned, a 3rd grade class--which was okay, and an 8th grade class--which pretty much ruined my day. There are a bunch of kids in the class who just can't keep their mouths shut, between talking to other people, and having to comment and question everything I say. And I know they are doing it just to be obnoxious. But, even more annoying, are the kids who I know are good students, who just sit back, and never even bother to participate in class. It's September, and I am already counting the days till this group graduates. That is one nice thing. My first year was hell, last year was a little better, and this year is turning out to be even better. Every 8th grade class gets a little easier, since I have had this group for two years already. Hopefully, I'll get to a point where I actually LIKE the 8th grade class. I am thinking this will happen when this year's 5th graders are in 8th grade, since they are the first class only to have me.

After school, we had quesadillas for dinner. I grilled chicken and some peppers, which turned our really great, and Meg made the quesadillas. I got a little bit of school work done, and spent
the rest of the evening vegging, and watching the top 100 best SNL moments. I also pre-spent some of my birthday money on bulbs for the garden. Yeah, it sounds lame, but all of the yard work I did this summer made me kind of interested in getting the gardens to look nice. Plus, the bulbs will come back every year.

Okay, very tired, after a long two days. Good night!

No comments: