Monday, September 25, 2006

Day 1, Bells Start

Today went well, despite being VERY tired this morning from the long weekend.

All of my classes went very well, nothing really notable. I did use my ActivBoard for the first time with a real class. My biggest problem is that the USB cable that goes from the board to my laptop isn't really long enough. I had it stretched across the room, which isn't exactly the safest setup. What I need is a USB extension cable, which I am not sure if they even make. And if they do, it is probably pretty expensive.

Right at the end of the day, I got a call from one of my handbell ringers that she won't be ringing for us this year. I don't think I am going to be able to get a replacement anytime soon, since there really isn't a whole lot of interested in the handbell choir. So, after school, I had to rework some of the parts to have stronger members of the bell choir share a bell.

We ate dinner, and then went to bells.

We have a lot of changes this year: We are down a member, and possibly one more. After our October performance, Meggie will not be able to perform anymore. Also, we have a new closet, and new rehearsal space. Despite all of this, we had a very good first rehearsal. It was a little disorganized for my taste, considering the amount of changes and variables.

I didn't plan anything else for the evening, which was really nice. Watched an episode of ST:TNG, and chilled on the couch. I needed an hour of relaxation after a weekend of none.

No comments: