Sunday, September 24, 2006

Leaking Pool!

Oh what fun! I woke up to discover 4 inches of water missing from my pool. I am losing water at a rate of 1/4 inch an hour. The good news is I found the leak. The bad news is, I have no idea how to fix it. I just hope it doesn't cost too much...


Yesterday, at about 4 pm, a view of Max and I taking a swim in a pool that was working perfectly fine.


Not even 12 hours later... the same pool. Notice how much lower the water is at the skimmer.


A close-up of the skimmer. I usually try to keep the water above the 2nd screw from the top. I am glad I caught this and turned off the pump. After a few hours, the pump would've been running dry. BTW-I put the piece of electrical tape on the wall at the current water level about an hour before I took this pictures.


If you look closely, you can see the sand billowing out from underneath the pool frame.


Take a good look at the grid pattern. Notice how it is distorted right against the wall? There is a sink-hole about 8 inches long, and about 2-3 inches deep. I actually discovered this yesterday when I was vacuuming. Did the sink-hole cause the leak, or did the leak cause the sink-hole?

No comments: