Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sam's Club Run

Okay, so I am done my schoolwork now! Woo-Hoo! I was almost finished last night at 10, so I figured I would stay up as late as I needed to get the rest of it done. Now I can relax these last two days before the in-services.

Yesterday, I overslept a bit, waking up at 6:45. I ended up staying in bed until a little after 7 or so. I got up, had breakfast, read my news, blogged, and then decided with Meg that we would postpone our Sam's Club trip until after lunch, since the weather was really crappy.

I spent part of the morning outside, in the rain, backwashing the pool, because it was overfilled again. I emptied the skimmer basket, and in the process, almost clogged the filter. There was so much stuff in the basket, than when I pulled it out, half the stuff came out of the basket, and went down the hose to the filter, blocking the suction. Luckily, all I had to do was jiggle the hose to clear the clog. Good thing, because last time that happened, I had to disconnect the hose to clean it out. I wasn't ready to do this in the rain.

Our backyard is a disaster now--branches and leaves everywhere. That on top of the fact that Max seems to have forgotten where he goes to the bathroom. It looks like we are going to have to retrain him. Once things dry out a little bit, and it gets a little warmer, I'll go out there and clean it up. Probably a first-weekend-of-the-school-year project.

After lunch, we headed to Sam's Club for part II of grocery shopping. There is something fun and satisfying about wholesale club shopping. We left the store having spent $250 dollars, and enough meat for a month plus, along with other supplies we needed. After we got home, I spent the next hour repacking all of the meat into freezer bags. Meg took the dry goods and put them in our new 'store' downstairs.

I spent the rest of the day/evening working on school work, finishing everything! I think the things that I did not do were things like: "Write the November band newsletter." That can wait.

My plan was to get up at 6 again this morning... however, I went to bed later last night, and I was kinda hyper anyway, so I didn't fall asleep till well after 11. When 6 rolled around this morning, I decided to make it 7.

I got up at 7, showered, had breakfast, started the laundry, and read my news. After blogging, I'll relax some more. Meg and I will probably take Max for a walk, since he is going to have a lot of crate time today.

Today is our annual crab day. I'll blog about crab day, it's history, and how this year's crab day went tonight. Until then...

No comments: