Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Lesson Day

Today was another busy day. Will it get easier??

Day 5 is a day of mostly lessons for me. I have 1 class during 8th period, and a self-contained class during 2nd period. The rest of the day is all lessons. This makes for a long day, since I teach two 20 minutes lessons every period. So, three periods of lessons feels more like 6 periods. My lessons went well. A had a lot of kids not come, but it always takes a few weeks till everyone gets used to the schedule. The lessons I did have went well though. Just as I said yesterday, I am very happy with how the 5th grade class is doing. I got most of my permission forms back, and I only lost a few kids from 4th to 5th, and they all still seemed psyched about the year. I am probably losing two of my middle school students, which was a little unexpected. Both are good musicians, who always seemed to enjoy band--I don't know what's up with it. I plan on having a talk with them tomorrow morning and trying to change their mind. But I'll leave it up to them. If they really don't want to be there, then I probably don't want them there anyway. But I will give it a try.

Tomorrow is day 6, meaning after tomorrow, I will have had all of my classes once. Geeze, the first cycle went slowly. Only 29 to go! Things will get easier as I get into the routine. And the weeks/cycles will go faster. I hope so anyway. I am sure looking forward to the weekend. Tomorrow's Thursday, which is almost Friday, which means=weekend!!

After school, Meggie and I had dinner, apparently too early, because, by 7, we were starving again! We ended up ordering some more food out. Dinner also was a bit of a (failed) experiment, lemon chicken. It was a little too lemony. Making it was a group effort by Meg and I, and apparently, we need to read up on making lemon chicken. Well, after an early and unsatisfying meal, Meggie and I were really hungry. She got wings, and I got a cheesesteak from Bella Vita. We felt a little guilty about it, but Meggie had some extra money for it, and we are going to try to eat dinner a little later (like 6 instead of 4:30), so we don't get hungrier later.

I got some organizing done with my planbook, and then blogged. Kind of a busy-blah day. Alright, time for bed!

No comments: