Saturday, September 09, 2006

Piece of Summer

Ahhh, the weekend--a little bit of summer does exist! The weather was great today, which helped too.

The day started off well, with getting up at 9 AM, which is late for us. Of course, things went downhill when I felt that my back was hurting worse than it was yesterday. I got up, had breakfast, was about to get ready to do some yardwork, and just needed to lie down. I felt like an old man, with my back hurting and all. I hate not being able to do stuff. So, I laid down in the bed, used some pillows to get my comfy, and relaxed for a while, reading my news, mail, and blogs in the meantime.

My back was still hurting, even laying down. I finally decided that since I felt no worse laying down than standing up, that I would get up and do some yardwork--after lunch, of course. Meggie made some leftover cheesesteaks for lunch, and then I went out to do yardwork.

My goal was to have both lawns mowed, but I didn't get to either. Instead, I backwashed the filter, since now I have a hose long enough to get me to at least our driveway. Then, I raked up all of the leaves and sticks in the backyard. I was planning on mowing, but was hot, tired, and thirsty, and REALLY wanted to get in the pool. I decided to put off mowing till tomorrow morning, and go in the pool. We took Max with us, of course, and cooled off.

After the pool, I got showered, laid down some more, and then got started on the sauce. I decided to make a double batch this time, to yield more leftovers. This was a little challenging, because the sauce pot isn't quite big enough. I ended up having to cook some of the sauce in a smaller pot. No big deal, though, we got six meals out of the whole thing. We had a delicious pasta dinner, and then I got to work on my goals for the evening: school work, and money stuff. I got my list of stuff I made yesterday at school done (so now, I don't have to worry about school the rest of the weekend), and I also finished the money stuff. I don't think our grocery scheme is going to exactly work out this month. We budgeted $500 for the month ($100 per Saturday), and we are already at $367. That leaves only $133 for three more shopping trips (about $45 each). This might be difficult to do, but, we bought a lot of stuff this month that will last us at least 2 months, meaning it'll even out eventually (I hope so anyway!)

Okay, gonna get to bed now, so I can get up early and mow the lawns.

No comments: